Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

This blog has been open for almost a month now and I have yet to post a book review.  I've had this one sitting and waiting but haven't put it up yet.  So, here is my very first review on the blog.


Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson.

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

When I saw a book with the title Tiger Lily and read the first line of the synopsis I pre-ordered the novel immediately.  Ever since I first watched the Disney version of Peter Pan I have loved the character of Tiger Lily, so I was excited to see a story that was all about her.

The story follows the friendship and romance of Tiger Lily and Peter Pan before Wendy came into Peter's life.  I was pleasantly surprised by the story in the novel.  It wasn't at all what I expected it to be, though I can't really explain what I was expecting, as the Disney movie doesn't give too many details about Tiger Lily's life.  But I loved the very real story of a girl who lives in a community that expects her follow a certain path, when she has the urge to follow a different path.

I originally thought that Tiger Lily would be the narrator, seeing as the novel is about her, but the narrator was actually Tinker Bell.  I absolutely loved that Tinker Bell was telling the story because the story was as much about her as it was about Tiger Lily, and it made for a very satisfying story.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've never heard of this book and I love the premise! I'll add it to my "to read" list!

    ReplyDelete